Simpson Gumpertz and Heger Inc - Great internship! | Glassdoor

"Great internship!"

Pros

Experienced Staff. I had a great time. I learned a lot. Some times work was slow, but I believe it was just the season.

Cons

Some times work was slow, but I believe it was just the season. You have to do copying and little things at time.

Advice to Management

They take back interns. I have only interned they once so I do not know if they give you more opprotunties.

Other Employee Reviews for Simpson Gumpertz and Heger Inc

"Just okay."

Pros

Wide variety of projects. Paid by the hour - you get paid for every hour worked. Good resources for work - software, etc.

Cons

Principals lack communication; this leads to unbalanced work distribution among staff - too much work for some people while some others are light. Too focused on professional engineering certification, taken mostly for promotion only - those who work too much lack time to study for certification. The corporate culture really encourages workaholics if you want to climb the ladder. Not much time for personal growth.

Advice to Management

Create a technical career path that doesn't require people to move into management/principal positions to get promoted. Distribute work more evenly among staff.

2. "Technical Intern BT"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Chicago, IL

I worked at Simpson Gumpertz and Heger Inc as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, cool projects. Everyone is incredibly smart and ambitious. Good pay. Good balance between time spent in the office and time spent in the field.

Cons

As someone who works better with a lot of feedback it was difficult to adjust to management styles at first. Everyone has high expectations of each other for quality of work and ability to problem solve independently.

Advice to Management

I think that it would have been beneficial as an intern to have had a direct supervisor to report to for work.