Single Grain - Should have been paid | Glassdoor

"Should have been paid"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Single Grain as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Single Grain has a laid back, friendly professional environment. My boss was great to work with. Many work from home, so hours are very flexible.

Cons

The work I did was actual work, and yet the internship was unpaid. SG may not be a massive firm with millions in profits, but it isn't a nonprofit, and if they can't afford to pay interns for doing a serious amount of their work, then they shouldn't offer internships.

Advice to Management

Either pay your interns or eliminate them. The "learning opportunities" are not nearly valuable enough to warrant contributing three months of work to your company for free.

Other Employee Reviews for Single Grain

1. "Great learning & growth"

Current Employee - Content Writer
    Current Employee - Content Writer

I have been working at Single Grain full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great culture around learning and personal growth.
    - Things are super efficient, no time-wasting meetings
    - Ability to work remotely is a massive plus

Cons

Some operations / processes are still being ironed out, but that's common with early stage companies

2. "For A-Players and lifelong learners"

Current Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Single Grain full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's been about 4 months since I've started with Single Grain but I already feel I've gotten the experience of 1 year.

First month was straight into the deep end with onboarding, projects, and learning through books/podcasts/blogs/etc. I did have some hiccups but the plentiful one on one's with upper management steered me in the right direction and let me know that everyone fumbles a little bit, at least in the beginning.

But the 6-week mark I hit my stride and really appreciated the processes that are set up for EVERYTHING.

Favorite things are flexibility (Downtown LA office is Mon-Wed on-site with Thurs/Fri work at home), continuous learning (if you want some resource to learn from...you'll get it, plus plenty of already acquired tools/resources), small team camaraderie, and ability to see personal impact in company and clients.

Cons

There were a few times during the first month when I thought onboarding was too fast paced.

Despite processes for everything, some end up being forgotten and not followed.

Advice to Management

Continue with one-on-one's...they really helped.