SiriusXM - A dream job at a fine company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SiriusXM

"A dream job at a fine company."

Former Employee - Junior Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Junior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Putting out premium product for niche audiences--which was my job--is highly rewarding work. Compensation and benefits are good, especially for more experienced people. The physical plant is top notch, and the work environment generally calm and supportive.

Cons

My impression is that junior hires are somewhat underpaid, though I haven't surveyed the competition. Company's marketing efforts aren't great and never have been. Top programming management has a very narrow vision.

Advice to Management

Try not to kill the golden goose while making changes you THINK might work.

Other Employee Reviews for SiriusXM

"Pleasant working experience. Very little grunt work. I felt like that I made a valuable contribution."

Former Intern - Finance Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Finance Intern in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Structured internship program with orientation, mid-term review and final review. Had the opportunity to have a "snack & meet" with employees who worked their way up through the company. As an intern I was given a free 3-month subscription to SiriusXM, although I did not need it because I was already a subscriber.

Cons

I interned in the finance/accounting department and there did not seem to be an opportunity to actually get hired in that department. Was not given the opportunity to stay on longer than the semester in that position.

2. "Interesting work, but not the greatest atmosphere"

Current Employee - Lawyer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Lawyer in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There work is very interesting, cutting new ground in media production and distribution with a technology edge.

Cons

The CEO likes to yell at people, so it is best to stay out of his way or on his good side.

Advice to Management

There should be a more cohesive culture that nurtures people to grow into new roles without fear of negative consequences that come from taking chances,