SirsiDynix - Great company! | Glassdoor

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Lexington-Fayette, KY
Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- opportunity to move up
- open door policy with Executive's
- family environment
- Executive's really care about you and your career growth

Cons

I have no complaints at this time. We went through a tough time during the merger, but all departments have improved by leaps and bounds since then. I love my customers and my coworkers!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Continue to take care of your best employees as you have with me!

Other Employee Reviews for SirsiDynix

1. "Positive- With Exception"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Company has come a long way after being acquired in 2007. Better management dedicated to cleaning up many messes has made it stronger financially and technologically.

Cons

Company spends too much money on "stuff" rather than investing in the employees for the long term. There has been a huge amount of employee turnover over the last few years for two main reasons- opportunity and compensation. The company is a good start for someone coming out of college or someone looking for a fresh start. While they have added a number of new customers, it is also true that they have lost quite a few as well.

SirsiDynix Response

Sep 11, 2013 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your ratings and feedback. I see that you are a former employee and I’m unsure when you were last employed with us, but I do want to offer information in response to the statements... More

"I've had a great experience with SirsiDynix"

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SirsiDynix is a great place to build a career. Employee moral is a priority to upper-level management, so they strive to create a positive work environment and allow employees to have a good work/life balance. Most managers are aware of their subordinates and strive to help them develop and progress with their career goals. Most everyone who works at SirsiDynix is friendly and down-to-earth. The office atmosphere is relaxed, but productive. It is all around a great company to work for.

Cons

With any company, there is room for improvement. Communication is something that SirsiDynix could work on. Communication between managers, communication from managers to subordinates, communication from HR to the company, these are areas that SirsiDynix could improve on.