SirsiDynix - A place to call home & all homes have their problems | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SirsiDynix

"A place to call home & all homes have their problems"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Likes to hire from within and promote those with potential.
A lot of effort put into making employees feel welcome and creating a fun atmosphere.

Cons

Working with a small customer base in enterprise software is difficult, the company has a hard time prioritizing development to meet the needs of all customers. The company is trying to make some hard shifts in it's software and it is taking a lot of time and effort to make those a reality, not unexpected just difficult.

Advice to Management

Continue to work and make a cohesive product strategy. The company needs to be unified under some common banners and specific goals. BLUE(Best Library User Experience) is great, in which ways should we work towards it today?

Other Employee Reviews for SirsiDynix

"Family and Friends with the greatest minds and hearts for libraries!"

Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company atmosphere is truly a family oriented environment with some of the most intelligent staff in the industry. The emphasis on the library user experience and revenue generating opportunities create a very unique opportunity for libraries who cho0se to partner with SirsiDynix. The leadership team is the best in the industry! I have served the library community my entire career with this company, and this is by far the BEST Executive/Management leadership during my tenure.

Cons

The market is very competitive with so many options and many libraries are faced with choices to provide the best services to their patrons, students, and staff. The negative tactics of other vendors in the industry often create major investments in sub-par software and functionality offerings. SirsiDynix has been the victim of many of these negative tactics as it has sustained over decades as one of the most utilized system in the industry.

Advice to Management

Stay the course with Development. Invest in your staff by increasing the staff levels of Development (largest department in the company) and Support to ensure we not only continue to deliver the best software in the industry, but also provide the best support to our partner libraries as we strive to succeed in lieu of the challenges of today and beyond. Focus will be the key and follow thru will be essential.

2. "SirsiDynix allows team members to work hard and play often"

Current Employee - Customer Support Management in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Support Management in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible working environment
    Educated and knowledgeable team members in all departments
    Small feel for being a global market leader
    Real effort to provide a fun atmosphere
    Approachable leadership at all levels

Cons

Medical benefits package needs to be stronger

Advice to Management

Keep a clear vision forward, but not so far that we forget the products we need to support.

SirsiDynix Response

Dec 4, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments!