SirsiDynix - A great place to work | Glassdoor

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Operations in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Operations in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like the work environment - the offices and culture have the feel of a start up but the process and maturity of a 40 year company. I like the work we are doing ow but also the vision for the future and really impacting our industry. Over the past 2 years, the company has done a much better job of communicating what is important and how we are doing.

Cons

The library industry hat we serve can be a bit slow to change and embrace new products and ideas. We also have a lot of projects going on the help our customers today and also in the future and it can be very hard to prioritize what is most important to work on.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing - especially the communication and culture.

Other Employee Reviews for SirsiDynix

"Fantastic company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have enjoyed working here more than any company previous to this. I work closely with the executives and I can say that they truly care about all the employees. They have very competitive benefits and the people that I work with are the best. They do a lot of employee activities and they put a lot into the facilities to try and make it as comfortable as an environment as possible. They do a great job of creating a challenging work environment that is still fun and enjoyable.

Cons

The health plans are not ideal. They only have high deducible choices from Select Health. The owners of the company sometimes tie the hands of the executives when making decisions. I think this really hurts the growth potential that SirisiDynix has.

Advice to Management

I would like to see the owners back away a bit and let the executives that understand the industry make the proper decisions.

"Fun place to work!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The facility is great: environmentally friendly, clean, lots of light, open floor plan, great furniture, PLUSH common area/game room, subsidized cafeteria, free soda, free coffee/espresso/cappuccino, relaxation room with massage chairs, lactation room, work out facility, walking distance to Front Runner.

Many efforts have been made to create a positive culture and employees are definitely engaged. CFO encourages a “Work Hard, Play Hard” environment. Managers have made it a point to recognize hard work! Multiple activities are hosted for employee's and thier families on a regular basis.

Company is flexible with works schedules, which is a plus if you need to work from home due to a sick family member or other such issues.

Cons

The Company has definitely gone through some growing pains in creating its Technology Centre.

Implementation of a wellness program has been a difficult change for employees.

While some additions have been made in recent months, there is a lack of non-fast food eating establishments.

Although fairly short, the traffic on the main road to the freeway can back up and add 5-10 minutes to my commute.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction of employee recognition. Remain open to receiving employee feedback. Also, continue to keep employee’s apprised of the Company’s goals and initiatives.