SirsiDynix - Best company I have ever worked for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SirsiDynix

"Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salaries are very competitive. Main office is a new building and is a very clean, comfortable place to work. Environment is upbeat, but not stressful. Job is motivating, but not overwhelming. Always learning and improving on the job. Very accommodating for family time. Break room, food, sodas, etc are great. I rarely leave for lunch. I love the food that is brought in.

Cons

Inter-departmental fueds are annoying, specifically between development/project management and other departments.

Advice to Management

Help certain departments to work better with other departments. I think if each department understood better what the other departments do, they would have more respect and tolerance for them.

Other Employee Reviews for SirsiDynix

"I hope to be here for a long time."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix is very selective in who they hire. Once you make it through the screening process and come on board, you realize that you are part of an elite group that is great to work with. SirsiDynix values their employees and goes to great lengths to create a positive work environment that is pleasant, enjoyable, challenging and rewarding. I've had other job opportunities come up while working at SirsiDynix, but they don't compare to what I have here. When I get the itch to move on, I just move to a different position at SirsiDynix.

Cons

I started with SirsiDynix when they were located in Provo. The recent move to Lehi means more travel each day. I like the building we are in. I just don't like the 20 minute drive twice a day.

"Exciting, uplifting, professional place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Upbeat, positive, work atmosphere. For being a midsize company, I feel like we are a fairly tight-knit group. In that regard, it feels like many of the small companies I have worked for. Lots of good friends.

Advancement opportunities. Safe learning environment. SirsiDynix invests time and training into its employees.

It's satisfying to belong to a company that is a leader in its industry. It’s fun to tell people about where I work and the innovative, cutting edge, features coming out in SirsiDynix's products lately. Real value is being created for the industry and SirsiDynix's customers.

Extremely comfortable amenities (break room diversions, "zen room" with massage chairs, etc), new building.

Regular activities, tournaments, contests and socials put on by HR and supported by dept heads. Always great food.

Cons

The pay could be more competetive. Professionals that already know what they are doing (especially compared to smaller companies) could wish for higher pay, but in the case of someone that is looking for excellent training from an established mid-sized company, and a chance to build a real career, it's perfect. SirsiDyinx is the place to be.

Several years ago there was sufficient enough "clean up" being implimented by ownership that job security was a common concern. After leaning things out, now that ownership is building back up, things feel stable and secure.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! We like this place. Upper management has set a good tone that trickles down through the ranks. Thanks for not leading by fear. There are is enough awesome about this company to stay enthusiastic about what we are doing.