SirsiDynix - Surround yourself with some of the smartest people on the planet... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SirsiDynix

"Surround yourself with some of the smartest people on the planet..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the people I interact with want to innovate and continue to grow in their profession. Management provides significant opportunities for you to grow your skill set by giving you opportunities that will push you. SirsiDynix provides an environment that supports the growth and improvement of their people.

Cons

If you like to just show up to work and collect a paycheck, I would move on and apply somewhere else. If you take professional development seriously and see yourself in roles with continued increases in responsibility over the years, then SirsiDynix is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Bill Davison and his team do an exceptional job at making employees feel valued. Members of the executive management team, including David King, Sheridan Richey, Scott Wheelhouse, Berit Nelson, and Eric Keith, are all approachable and listen to suggestions for improvement.

Oct 7, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking time to write this review!

Other Employee Reviews for SirsiDynix

"Variance."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of great developers at the company. The teammates make it a great place to work. Nice office, good location. Good game room. Increasingly positive outlook. Great opportunities to learn technology and grow skills. A broad range of technologies and skill sets to learn.

Cons

Poor management. Sometimes poor mentoring, training, and career development. Too many management changes. Micro-management problems. Hiring people below average pay (retention/turnover). Recovering from layoffs and losing many senior developers. Old and dirty code bases on some projects.

Advice to Management

Train managers better or hire better; and give them smaller teams so they can be focused and in-tune with team. Hire managers with better technical background and better mentoring/guiding skills. Actively train lead developers on mentoring skills and leadership.

Oct 7, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments. We recognize that there are always improvements to be made and we value this type of feedback. It’s not clear how recently you departed SirsiDynix, but for what it’s... More

"Everyone should work somewhere as awesome as SirsiDynix!"

I have been working at SirsiDynix (More than a year)

Pros

It is easy to come to work because of the wonderful people on my team.

Many opportunities for growth.

Admirable leadership and great atmosphere.

Cons

I wish there wasn't so much training, but I understand the importance.

Advice to Management

Keep giving your employees feedback on their performance.

Oct 7, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the feedback. We are glad you are having a great experience with us!