SiteMinder - I've been here over 4 years and its still the best place to work. | Glassdoor

"I've been here over 4 years and its still the best place to work."

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SiteMinder full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

SiteMinder offers products that works and it's really easy to sell. The life/work balance here is the best I've ever experienced from previous organizations I've been with. Everyone cares about helping each other and it really turns out to be a family environment after being here for so long. Flexible work hours depending on your territories. I've helped promoted Sales development reps to become our top sales reps... in less than a year. If you are looking for a place that is a work hard play hard environment its right here.

Cons

We aren't perfect. No company out there is. Growing pains is still a challenge here.

Advice to Management

401k Match needed / better family health plans are needed

SiteMinder2019-01-30
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SiteMinder full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the best companies to work for in sales. I started as an Associate Sales Executive (entry level) and was promoted to Sales Executive in a few months with a great raise. The culture is outstanding and its only getting better with our CEO making quarterly trips to our Dallas office. I am fortunate enough to have an outstanding regional sales manager on the LATAM team. He always puts our team first in every... situation and always has an answer to any questions we have. He is very approachable and sincerely cares of how we are performing. He's a man of many hats but still manages to find time for our team to coach us daily. The sale cycle is very quick and if your a hustler you will succeed. Our Human Resource team is great they take care of us and our medical insurance is awesome. Our VP shares decades of experience and paints a picture of great habits to have to succeed in sales. He does a great job of recognizing our success every Monday morning!

Cons

Its sales so if your not passionate for sales and winning this may not be the right fit for you. You have to hustle to succeed in sales. Were missing some important product functionalities that are necessary to win against other competitors in the LATAM market. Yes, there will always be better products out there thats why we compete. But simple functionalities can help us get to them quicker in emerging markets.

Advice to Management

Our manager has significantly more responsibility than others. This limits his availability at times; although, he always manages to find time for our team but is on a super tight schedule.

SiteMinder2019-09-18

"Fun place to work for 6-12 months"

Current Employee - Business Development in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SiteMinder full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very relaxed culture. SOME of your peers are tolerable. If you show effort you won't get fired.

Cons

Leadership is... very questionable. You have 1 good leader in LATAM but none in North America. No Hospitality professionals. Just people trying to further their own agenda. The company does not like to spend money on events, people, or anything really. Hard to be competitive when talent is leaving every 6 months and we can't attend trade shows. The sales floor is very similar to hanging out in a living room... of a frat house.

Advice to Management

You need to pull people in from the industry. Leverage the leaders like the 2 enterprise sales guys. You have a few TOXIC people in leadership positions that need to go before you can really start changing the culture on the sales floor.

SiteMinder2019-09-10

Discover more reviews about SiteMinder.