Sitel - Nice benefits, but could be better. easy work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sitel

"Nice benefits, but could be better. easy work."

Current Employee - Tech Support for Diect TV in Lake City, FL
Current Employee - Tech Support for Diect TV in Lake City, FL

I have been working at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice benefits, but could be better. easy work. indoors. easy dress codes. nice atmosphere.

Cons

should be more caring to military. just able to go do training. no benefits for it. not room for advancement because of being gone for training.

Other Employee Reviews for Sitel

"I loved working with Sitel, and I wish I still did."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Huntington, WV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Huntington, WV

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff at Sitel is very friendly, professional and above all else helpful. They are very patient with their customers and make sure that the customers are fully informed about everything and are also fully satisfied.

Cons

In all honesty, I would have liked it if Sitel offered employees a longer lunch break as well as more overtime hours if employees needed those hours.

Advice to Management

Make sure that new employees are completely knowledgable of the product(s) so that there is no confusion or misunderstandings when they are ready to speak with the customers. Maybe offer a little more training so employees will be ready and misunderstandings can be avoided.
    Also open more Sitel locations. (That's the main advice I really wanted to give)

"A great job if you're not lazy"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Sitel since September of 2011 and have very much enjoyed my tenure at this company. I work in the Sony campaign as a Tier 1 agent and although the job is repetitive (painfully so at times) it is easy and comfortable. Everyone is friendly and nice and the coaches, at least the three I've had, (Laurie, Lorenzo, and Jeremiah) will do all they can to help if you struggle. The job has a bit of a high turn-over right because they expect a lot out of you but they will never fire you if you honestly try your best 100% and follow the advice that they give you. To refrain from making this too long-winded I would say the best part of this job is the myriad opportunities you have to move up and the fact that you get to sit down all day.

Cons

- The interviews for higher positions are very tough and sought after. Even if your overall call statistics are great if you mess up the interview it is not likely you will get the higher position. For instance I am ranked #3 out of 217 agents on the floor and was given the Top Team Performer award but still did not receive the manager position after applying twice due to my messing up on an interview
    - Strict schedule adherence. They have an attendance desk that keeps an eye on every agent and if you are more than one minute late come from your break they will let you know. This was a problem for me at first as I was a bit of a slacker but now that I've shaped up a bit I have nearly perfect adherence.
    - Dont let them fool you, if you are joining Sony you will be expected to upsell a product on every call and to upsell a warranty on certain qualifying calls. Again, not much of a problem if you actually try but a lot of people complain about it but theyre the first to either quit or be let go anyways.
    - A tad low-paying given other call centers in Las vegas but if you are good at what you do they will reward you and give you many opportunities to move up.

Advice to Management

No real advice to give. You guys are great. Keep doing what you're doing. Though, I would like to be accepted for the coach position one time ;P