Sitel - Stay Far away unless you only need a job for 2 months. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sitel

"Stay Far away unless you only need a job for 2 months."

Former Employee - Coach in Corning, NY
Former Employee - Coach in Corning, NY

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Just about the only perk of this job is that it is indoors.

Cons

You are treated like a slave. No matter how hard you work it is never enough and there is always more to do than you can possibly get done. I would work 18 hour days because I was salaried and I still had things left to do when I finally left for the night. The only way to get ahead in this company is to kiss the as of the people in charge. When you do that your workload decreases and all of a sudden you are considered a "good" employee. If you just try to keep your head down and do your job then you will fail and everyone will talk about you behind your back.

Advice to Management

Stop treating people like they are expendable and maybe they will do a better job for you

Other Employee Reviews for Sitel

"Easy job for high school and college kids...."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Angelo, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Angelo, TX

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

anyone can get hired on the spot, a monkey could do the job, you can miss SOOOO many days with out getting fired, you can make a lot of decent friends there.

Cons

the pay is low, everything is scripted to point that you feel like an automated system or robot, the managerial staff if immature, lazy, and discriminatory, the office politics is ridiculous here. you will be micromanaged to death.

Advice to Management

pay people better and you won't have so much attrition, promote people that are qualified and experienced (not just the people you like to small talk with) and don't take away peoples coloring books, crossword puzzles, sudoku, etc... unless they aren't performing correctly. I saw so many people whose performance drop, or they quit when the policy against all of the things that people did to keep their mind off the fact that they couldn't stand repeating themselves over and over and over away.

"Liked the people I worked with but no money or future."

Former Employee - Advisor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Advisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Sitel part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cool people to work around, laid back. Easy job, controlled climate, weekly meetings, paid time off even if only part time, health, dental and eye benefits. Work with you on school schedules.

Cons

Not very honest when it came to very important things like where the company stands financially and whether or it is stable, also some of management didn't seem too honest. Go nowhere job.

Advice to Management

Honesty is important!