Sitel - Mediocre | Glassdoor

"Mediocre"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Buffalo, NY
Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits. The option to work at home definitely helped out in costs for transportation, clothes and such.

Cons

Rotating schedules and shift bids. No way you can balance your life that way, even if you work at home.

No advancement opportunities unless you lived nearby one of their centers or wanted to pack up and move.

Not very flexible. You can be placed on another campaign involuntarily even though they say it's initially voluntary to transfer. That happened to me.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible in scheduling agents and give more opportunities to advance in the work at home environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Sitel

1. "Lots of opportunity to learn the business but don't stay."

Former Employee - Property/Casualty Agent for USAA Subcontracted in Oak Ridge, TN

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of training to get you licensed in P&C. Plenty of chance to meet like-minded people interested in learning valuable skills.

Cons

Continual limitations on what can be done with the training. Originally was trained for certain portions and then later was told that wasn't allowed to do those things.

Advice to Management

Decide on what was allowed to be done and what wasn't. Don't change in mid-process.

"Training Bad, Hard to get paid"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Orlando, FL

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home was the best part of my Sitel experience.

Cons

The training for technical work was much too short. Going into actual production, most of us on the team felt totally unprepared. It's mostly learn as you, which is very hard on customers.
    My reason for leaving was one that I've never encountered in my entire working career. I simply was paid after I was in production. When I didn't receive my pay, I was told by HR that I would get a Visa Prepaid Card, which I believe is completely illegal.
    The company is not solvent, and can't afford to pay. I would stay far, far away.

Advice to Management

Just care about employees, and respond to their issues.