Sitel - Sitel has vision, but lacks implementation/trust in employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sitel

"Sitel has vision, but lacks implementation/trust in employees"

Current Employee - Coach in Augusta, GA
Current Employee - Coach in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Sitel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've learned A LOT from working at Sitel. They provided me the opportunity to move up from taking phone calls to being a manager. And the people I work with each day are amazing people. We all have fun. The opportunity for moving up is definitely there, and the call center environment is definitely fast paced! Sitel pays well for my position, and they also give me plenty of vacation time. Benefits are decent. Allowed me to go to the Dr. for 1st time since turning 18..didn't have healthcare before working at Sitel.

Cons

The journey/process to promotion is very difficult. Took 3 tries to be accepted into the Coach role. My very first application was simply lost altogether. The equipment that we have to work with leaves much to be desired. Each representative used to have their own headset, but now headsets are locked down to the computer desks. Desks are shared, and most of the time they are filthy. The entire building is due for a remodel or overhaul. Hiring practices are questionable, as we mostly get people who don't seem to want to work for anything. Taking the calls can be frustrating, but it's not an overly difficult job to do. Our client rarely listens to any feedback from those of us who are out on the call floor day-in & day-out servicing their project. Furthermore, there is little-to-no wiggle-room when it comes to our after-call surveys. Countless times, I've witnessed a survey that was mixed up, messed up, or just blatantly not valid, but the client makes us eat those surveys, and it messes up people's quality scores. As other reviews here have noted, the quality scores are primarily what determine your ranking in the shift bid. Don't be ranked too low, or you'll be stuck on an overnight shift with split days off =/.

Advice to Management

There are many upper management issues at play here. No one ever seems to be on the same page, and I've routinely gotten different information from different people. Furthermore, the company owes me back-pay due to a reporting issue when it comes to up-training. Several gaps allowed for this issue, and I missed out 3 months of a salary increase that I should have received. Also, If I was promoted to the Coach/Manager role close to a year ago, why have I still never received an offer letter stating my position? Strange, especially considering that I've brought up this issue several times, to several different people in upper management.

Other Employee Reviews for Sitel

1. "Sitel"

Current Employee - Directv Tech in Corning, NY
    Current Employee - Directv Tech in Corning, NY

I have been working at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get company and fantastic people

Cons

Not really any I can think of.

"Felt like a piece of equipment rather than a person"

Current Employee - Credit Card Specialist in Norman, OK
    Current Employee - Credit Card Specialist in Norman, OK

I have been working at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Paid a fair wage. - Coworkers were great. - My direct supervisor was the best boss I've ever had.

Cons

- Horrid management. Never have I EVER seen such miscommunication.

Advice to Management

If you're going through a possible closure, keep employees informed rather than in the dark.