Siteworx - Nice place to work, Start-up Feel, Not crazy about the Off the Shelf Softwares | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Siteworx

"Nice place to work, Start-up Feel, Not crazy about the Off the Shelf Softwares"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Siteworx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful place to work. Everyone is friendly and nice. You're expected to work hard and sometimes your hard work is appreciated and rewarded (atleast in NY it was). You'll have some really challenging tasks but it feels like a family with everyone working together. Absolutely wonderful group of people (again atleast in NY)

Cons

You're expected to work with CQ and SDL Tridion. They have their pluses and minuses but you're really working on these off the shelf packages, and you can't really work outside of them.

Advice to Management

Have a proper research and development branch or allocate time for employees to do R&D. The folks really want to do something great but when you're focussed on clients all the time, you can't really think outside of the box.

Other Employee Reviews for Siteworx

"Fast paced environment with lots of growth!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Siteworx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Siteworx is a company I have recommended to all of my friends and will continue to do so! It is a great company that provides many of the following great benefits.

Internal:
    -Training Budget up to 2k a year
    -Lunch provided 3 days a week
    -Cell Phone Reimbursement
    -Gym Reimbursement

The management team is always looking for ways to improve internal processes to make it easier on everyone. They are always doing internal competitions and events. They also hold happy hours and constantly encourage employees to look for new software or products that will make working smarter not harder. There have been two times where I have wanted to test out a new software to improve and internal process and they have purchased trial licenses for me to test it out.

Management: Siteworx is a company of around 200 people that operates much like an agency. We promote people based on work ethic and drive. I have experienced this personally over the past year.

Internal Interactions: Interactions at Siteworx are great. Not only are you close to your entire team, but you are close to the entire company which includes upper management. I speak with our VPs and CEO on a daily basis and I am able to express concerns and ask questions about the growth of the company and get straight answers. I have worked for over 7 companies and I have never experienced that before even in smaller firms.

Cons

Growing Pains: You will notice from the reviews below that we like any small company we have hurdles to overcome. The company is only 10 years old, but is moving in the right direction. They are always looking for ways to expand their territories to include major cities and international hot spots.

They are also looking for ways to make their employee's happy, like providing lunch. Granted you are still expected to work hard and put in your fair share. This is not a retirement job or a job where you can come and sit and expect to get promoted for doing nothing. You will have to work hard and play your role, showing management that you deserve to be promoted or gain additional benefits like bonuses. So if you are lazy, then don't bother applying!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"28% Turnover Rate, and there's a reason"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Siteworx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will get exposure to all of the CMSes out there - Tridion, CQ, Sitecore, and it is a paying job.

Cons

Very Low morale. Recently attended a management training in which they talked about the fact that turnover was 28% - that's like what you expect of bartenders, not IT staff! Why is it so low? Because people don't listen to you, it is exceedingly political, and good work is not rewarded. And, they are cheap, cheap, cheap. C-Level staff in particular is bullheaded and not nearly as smart as they think they are. Insane hours are the norm.

Advice to Management

As others have said, your upper management is highly cliquish. It doesn't matter what you know, only who you know. Listen to people who aren't the "Yes Men"