Six Flags - Excellent place to gain valuable work experience and customer service skills. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Six Flags

"Excellent place to gain valuable work experience and customer service skills."

Former Employee - Games and Attractions Hostess in Vallejo, CA
Former Employee - Games and Attractions Hostess in Vallejo, CA

I worked at Six Flags part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom was a great first job for me. A lot of the employees that work at the theme park are young so it is a great place to meet new friends while getting a taste of what it is like to work in the real world.

Cons

The downside of having a lot of young people working in the same place is that it is not the most professional place to work.

Advice to Management

The management team does a great job of training its employees and developing a team mentality.

Other Employee Reviews for Six Flags

"Adults need not apply"

Former Employee - Admissions Hostess in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Admissions Hostess in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Six Flags part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is free admission to the park and it is a fun atmosphere to work in. That's all.

Cons

It's an OK job for teens or college students who live with their parents, but I wouldn't recommend it recommend it to anyone who actually needs an income to live on. The pay is terrible, most of the employees are young and immature, and employees are not treated well at all. Most of the supervisors have no business being in charge of anyone and are completely unprofessional. As an adult in my 30s, I often had to pick up slack for the younger workers. By the time I left, one of my supervisors was a high school student. I was clearly much more qualified but kept getting passed over because I wasn't in the in crowd. A total joke.

Advice to Management

Follow through on your promises. There was an incentive program that I missed out on because too many people qualified and they had to go by supervisor evaluation, which was in this case completely arbitrary. The employees whose supervisors beefed up their evaluations were the only ones who got the bonus. Also, try to recognize and compensate the extra level of professionalism that comes from adult workers. And stay in your own lane. RIdes supervisors don't need to be poking their noses into admissions business.

2. "Team Leader"

I worked at Six Flags part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible, meet a lot of new people

Cons

low hourly wage and seasonal