Six Flags - Perfect for Students | Glassdoor

"Perfect for Students"

Current Employee - Games Lead in Valencia, CA
Current Employee - Games Lead in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Six Flags part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Schedules, Fun work environment

Cons

Low turnovers, not enough employee incentives

Other Employee Reviews for Six Flags

"Sucks"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Marietta, GA

I worked at Six Flags part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free access to the parks, a lot of time on the clock, make tons of new friends who also hate their jobs.

Cons

Know what actually happens at the parks so you never want to visit. Management is poor and they work you long hours for very little pay. If you are seasonal there is no overtime so they feel comfortable giving you a 70 hour work week.

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees and your guests better. This is a horribly corrupt company and it is clear that you only think about money.

"Great people, Crappy treatment."

Former Employee - Food Service Lead in Gurnee, IL
    Former Employee - Food Service Lead in Gurnee, IL

I worked at Six Flags part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on where in the park you are their are many great people, other then that theres not much I can say.

Cons

Long hours as management, I would work 15 hour days where I would only be able to take a 10 minute break. This was due to poor management above me that wouldn't do their jobs. I was not paid correctly for the amount of work I did. I would do the job of my section, watching over 3/4 units in my section while she would sit in the back of our biggest unit eating. My supervisor above me was not professional, would not work with me without giving me attitude and would not tell me what I did to make her mad at me but would ignore me and treat me like I was nothing at all, while I was in the unit not only before her but as I was in the same unit the year before. She also would not tell me what she felt I was doing wrong but go and complain to our boss above her.

Advice to Management

Take care of your seasonal management, and treat them well. Also, make sure the correct people are getting credit for what they do.