Six3 Systems - Remind Me Again What it Is I Do Here | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Six3 Systems

"Remind Me Again What it Is I Do Here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

I had a very positive initial experience with Six3. I had an overseas billet that was very rewarding professionally and very well compensated. My first boss was great. Six3 made an effort to keep me on in a CONUS position when my deployment was over and the salary was quite competitive. I was given a generous bonus in recognition for my efforts on a large contract bid that was ultimately successful. The company supported my PMP certification and It seemed like I was getting in on the ground floor of an up-and-coming organization.

Cons

After my first boss was let go, Six3 management did not seem to know what to do with me. The initial plans they had for me seemed to flounder, and there was no Plan B. I had next to no situational awareness of our business plans, and I was rarely asked for my input on anything related to my subject matter expertise. I felt useless and frustrated. My new boss rarely spoke to me. The longest conversations we had was (a) when I was hired, and (b) when I was laid off.

Advice to Management

Communication, communication, communication. Don't waste talent.

Other Employee Reviews for Six3 Systems

"Rapid growth without a solidified structure or plan leads to poor communication."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Pros

They pay reasonably well, if you can negotiate it. When HSA was bought, Bob Coleman seemed to define the pay structure better than when it was previously owned. The benefits are good, they'll match your 401k (put in 5%, they'll give you 4%) with no vesting.

Cons

No communication, and when it does happen, expect to be talked down to. The company has not defined it's goals, or if it has, they haven't been communicated to anyone on the staff. The main goal so far is, "make more money, don't define a sector in which to make it", which leads to a myriad of questions about where the company will be in 2 years.

Advice to Management

Define the direction of the company; is it a security company or a technology company or both? Settle the middle management shifting as soon as possible (and ditch the ones that haven't worked out).

2. "overall good"

I worked at Six3 Systems full-time

Pros

Paperwork and HR was a breeze

Cons

Once deployed they messed up on paperwork, and it took an act of God to have them correct the issues. In short, we were able to renegotiate a salary.