Skechers U.S.A. - Corporate doesn't offer much support | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Skechers U.S.A.

"Corporate doesn't offer much support"

Former Employee - Store Manager

Pros

The pay is not bad for store managers.

Cons

where to start... Pay is not good for assistants or associates.

Advice to Management

Stop contradicting yourselves. Corporate should communicate better together so the store managers can properly run their stores.

Other Employee Reviews for Skechers U.S.A.

"3 hours a week: is it really a job?"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Flexible (but mostly too flexible), pretty easy job, great discounts (50% off all merchandise, except for newest styles), commission can be nice sometimes but definitely doesn't help pay the bills, management was nice, other employees were nice.

Cons

Hmmmm.....where do I start?
    I started working 20 hours a week, then 15, then 10, then 8, and now I'm working 3 hours a week.
    I frequently get cut from the schedule due to "lack of business" ok really? 7.25 for 3 hours isn't exactly too much money!
    Management keeps hiring new people when your current employees only work 1 day a week!
    highly unrealistic expectations. You are expected to sell at least 2 shoes per sale, but the shoes are at least 50 bucks a piece. No reasonable person will spend 100 bucks on 2 pairs of shoes! If you didn't meet those expectations you were reamed endlessly!
    Sales are constantly changed, and other associates are not notified accurately about it.
    The secret shops are ridiculous! If you miss one thing you automatically fail!
    You will NEVER get a raise as a sales associate. Only as a manager, which is stupid!
    You will NEVER get accurate hours as a sales associate.
    Its been 5 months and my direct deposit STILL doesn't work!
    I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of as of now.

Advice to Management

Please do NOT hire more people when it is not necessary! PLEASE give your employees enough hours so they can actually live! PLEASE understand that we are not miracle workers, and just because we don't always fit the expectations, it doesn't make us horrible employees!

"Fun, exciting workplace but no room for advancement."

Former Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Great discount and training opportunities. It's a great place for sales associates to get one-on-one customer service training and get commission incentives. Hours are flexible and it helps to have a great DM who will go above and beyond to provide additional opportunities for training and growth. As a manager, you are given a lot of room to try new marketing ideas and become involved in community events to promote the brand.

Cons

At Store Manager level, there's not much room for advancement within the company unless you are willing to relocate to California. Corporate does not make it well known what positions are available and generally hire outside the company. Communication from the top down also has a lot of room for improvement, as you will get memos, voicemails, faxes, and emails all contradicting each other. Makes it very tough to stay on track and keep the team motivated when so much information is changing and being thrown at you on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Need to have opportunities for advancement for Store Managers. Put out a weekly/monthly newsletter with what positions are available so that the internal employees at least have a chance at them. Communications from corporate to the stores needs to greatly improve. There's too much conflicting information between departments, senior management, and field employees. Stop changing the commission structure....or raise the hourly pay so that the commission change doesn't impact the employees' paychecks as much.