Skechers U.S.A. - For the Most Part, Not Worth It | Glassdoor

"For the Most Part, Not Worth It"

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. part-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers were friendly, hours were flexible, store manager worked around everyone's schedules, mostly easy job when it wasn't busy (and it was rarely busy), generous employee discount, and commission on top of hourly pay.

Cons

Low pay for amount of work expected, no amount of work is ever good enough, customers were often rude and annoying, little room for advancement, back room was ALWAYS overflowing (through no fault of the store employees), which made it difficult to move quickly and efficiently, so customers would sometimes walk out if they thought you weren't moving quickly enough, lack of larger shoe sizes for both women and men, sales stayed down so we were constantly getting calls from upper management asking why our sales were down (our location was not usually busy except on Sundays), teenagers constantly walked into the store to make fun of us, our products, and to get gum, effectively keeping our conversion rate low, and, although there is commission, you only get it by selling two or more pairs, which rarely happened when there wasn't a BOGO sale or when it wasn't holiday time (averaged $15-20 per paycheck). Overall, the morale of the employees stayed down, and their motivation along with it. Also, due to restructuring within the company, hours were capped at 25 per week and more employees had to be hired, effectively cutting everyone's hours to below 25 and making it that much more difficult to make commission and have a decent paycheck. At the end of the day, the job just wasn't worth it. The only way I would recommend this job is if you are trying to work your way through school because the hours were fairly flexible and the pay, though not great, was better than a lot of other places in the mall. If you don't like children and hearing about people's foot problems, then this job is NOT for you, and I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Skechers U.S.A.2019-05-20
  1. "Great"

Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. part-time

Pros

Easy fun quick fast good oay

Cons

Never busy Barely any customers

Skechers U.S.A.2019-11-14
  2. "Good first job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. part-time

Pros

Nice customers, good management

Cons

Average pay, hard to remember all the shoes

Skechers U.S.A.2020-01-24

Discover more reviews about Skechers U.S.A..