Skechers U.S.A. - Love it, love shoes | Glassdoor
  1. "Love it, love shoes"

Current Employee - First Assistant Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training has been great. The job itself is fun and the customers are loyal to the brand, like me!

Cons

A bigger labor budget would help. Sometimes it can be challenging to get everything done by the end of the day.

Continue reading
    Skechers U.S.A.2020-02-03
  1. "Strong, growing retailer!"

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Skechers is well-positioned in the retail industry and is constantly finding innovative ways to advance their strategic initiatives for growth. It is an exciting atmosphere to work in!

Cons

We are a large company, but still experiencing some growing pains. But this gives great opportunity to influence from the bottom up.

Skechers U.S.A.2020-03-25
  2. "Stable, Growing and Successful"

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Skechers is only 28 years old. In the grand scheme of things, it's still a young company - growing and evolving. Since I've been there (five years) the company has more than doubled its revenue. This has meant a LOT of growth and change. I have worked hard in my department/function and was rewarded with a promotion several years in. My VP and my Manager have been with the company for a long time, but both still have a fresh outlook and ideas. In my experience, they have surrounded themselves with a team of really smart, great people and empowered them to go do the work. I'm treated like an adult, not a high school student. We are not just allowed, but expected to be strategic and think big picture - this is not a place where you just execute the directions. I have grown my skills and myself in my time here.

Cons

As I mentioned above, there is a lot of growth and change. That means that there are some difficulties in the employee experience. Some parts of the technology tools are super modern and cutting edge; right next to that, you'll see a technology or operations tool that is quite obsolete and this can create inefficiencies in the work that you have to solve for. Also, there is a dynamic mix of long-time employees and those who have joined Skechers more recently. In some departments at HQ, this does create some tension. Most leaders really care and are able to solve for any culture clash, but not all. Last, with the pace of growth and rapid increases in business, there is a lot of gray area and some ambiguity. For me, this has meant the opportunity to put in place new ideas and programs - but if you like a very clear, high-structure, black & white environment, than the company may not be right for you.

Continue reading
    Skechers U.S.A.2020-03-24

Discover more reviews about Skechers U.S.A..