Skechers U.S.A. - skechers is just OK | Glassdoor

"skechers is just OK"

Pros

bonuses, family days, casual dress code in corporate office, free drinks, the PARTIES!, meeting celebrities, the open bar at parties,

Cons

meetings almost never happen on time, you are lucky if people meet with you in person, fire drills, power outages, no close places to eat other than chinese, the scary music piped in the bathrooms and hallways

Advice to Management

skechers is no longer innovative, and there are many senior managers and midlevel managers that have been there over 10 years and needs to get rid of them so that innovation can occur the status quo at skechers is that if it has worked for 18+ years why change it? when things like the inventory system constantly breaks down, the company the inventory system is made out of no longer exists, there are better software and operating systems other fashion brands use.

Other Employee Reviews for Skechers U.S.A.

"Skechers USA as a workplace"

Current Employee - Pricing Analyst
    Current Employee - Pricing Analyst

Pros

1. Casual Environment
    2. Great co-worker relationships
    3. Excellent opportunity for work experience
    4. Always busy

Cons

1. Low Pay
    2. Little opportunity for promotion

Advice to Management

Provide more emotional and morale support for workers. It sometimes seems as if the hard-work of the employees is not appreciated, which decreases morale and motivation.

"Pros and Cons of working at Skechers"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

Skechers is a great place for career advancement given that you put in the time and effort into the current position you reside at. The communication between corporate and individual stores is a definite plus when dealing with promotions, future changes, or general impact within the company whether it be advertisements, company restructuring, etc.

Cons

Unfortunately, a downside to working at Skechers is playing the game of politics and company favorites. I mentioned earlier that Skechers does provide the advancement of your career, but unfortunately at the cost of District/Regional Managers playing favorites to the individuals that don't deserve it or haven't paid their dues. I may sound like I'm being bitter about a sore subject, but I assure you, I am not. In fact, I have been fortunate enough to be singled out as a favorite in the game of politics that Skechers is structurally built on. Do I think that's fair? Absolutely not. So therefore, be fore warned of this POSSIBLE situation.

Advice to Management

My advice to upper management (District/Regional Managers) is to pay more attention to the employees of each individual store. When your only connection to the status of a store is through a Store manager or a certain assistant manager, this potentially provides problems for the store as well as the company when the full "story" of how a store is being run isn't fully disclosed. This "particularly" may or may not be the case in my experience, but sometimes Store Managers or Assistant Managers can slip through the cracks of how a store is potentially doing by dictating to upper management the excuses and reasons why their store isn't making standards when the real problem resides with the management not the payroll, schedules, customer traffic, or lack of merchandise.