SkillPath - A Great Company With a Great Purpose | Glassdoor

"A Great Company With a Great Purpose"

Current Employee - Creative Director in Mission, KS

I have been working at SkillPath full-time for more than a year

Pros

SkillPath is a fantastic place to work because new leadership is engaged, empathetic, smart and best of all, they care about the well-being of their employees.

Cons

It is tough to crawl out from under bad decisions from years of mismanagement from previous leadership.

SkillPath2019-07-18

"Invests in their employees"

Current Employee - Director in Mission, KS

I have been working at SkillPath full-time for more than a year

Pros

SkillPath invests in their people. The many health benefits are AMAZING. But having an employer encourage employees to better themselves through tuition reimbursement, time off to do volunteer work, incentives for physical health, access to learning materials, and personal development speaks volumes about how SkillPath feels about their employees. I feel very valued by my manager and my company as a whole.

Cons

Change is occurring at a rapid pace, that can be overwhelming and scary for staff. Onboarding improvements are in the works, but currently that area is lacking. New hire experiences vary by what department you are in.

Advice to Management

Continue to reach out to employees at all levels to hear their concerns, thoughts and suggestions. The collaborative environment is what moves our ship forward! I would love to see a "Review Up" process where employees are encouraged to review the management in their own departments. Constructive feedback keeps everyone sharp!

SkillPath2019-03-14

"You can’t polish a turd!"

I have been working at SkillPath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Vacation and PTO are pretty decent

Cons

Seems like management is grasping at straws to keep things from completely tanking. Everyone is just working to basically stay afloat. There are many people who have gone well over a year without a raise. It was recently announced that everyone is getting a basic “cost of living increase” in December. That means some people will have gotten two raises within a year, while others have to wait well over a year just to get one pitiful 3% increase regardless of their good annual review and extra time and work. It’s definitely a slap in the face to those employees who have been putting in a lot of extra effort. If you’re not going to be shown any appreciation, there’s no point in going above and beyond. People who don’t know anything about this company would probably be very surprised by the dismal salaries a lot of employees here have. The high hopes I used to have for the executive team have completely diminished. Company culture and moral is really bad right now but management walks around like they’re in la la land and things are are good but that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting time in monthly meetings talking about all the great deals the sales teams are working on and all the leads they’re getting when 90% of those don’t close. There are more employees around here than just the sales people. I think it’s way past time to focus on the disfunction happening within, instead of being concerned about our community image. If a house is dirty on the inside, it doesn’t matter if it’s a mansion on the outside.

SkillPath2019-10-29

Discover more reviews about SkillPath.