SkillStorm - Slow, inaccurate, disorganized. | Glassdoor

"Slow, inaccurate, disorganized."

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at SkillStorm as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Was a (contractor) step into a real company.

Cons

They send emails to me that clearly do not apply such as receiving promotional items etc. They got my name wrong on the first couple months of paychecks (not sure how that is since the entire communication was written but it looked like someone phonetically misheard the name). The representatives do not seem very knowledgeable and communication through SKILLSTORM is painful.

Advice to Management

Reorganize the company so that there are not constant novice mistakes.

Other Employee Reviews for SkillStorm

1. "SkillStorm is a Fantastic Place to Work"

Pros

I am fairly new to the SkillStorm team. I joined the company a few months ago. I have to say, this company is amazing. Everyone has really gone over and beyond to make me feel at home. I have been extremely impressed with the leadership, support staff and overall direction of the company. I absolutely love the culture here. We are growing so quickly the opportunities to earn and advance are limitless. I have not been this excited professionally in a long time.

Cons

I have not identified any cons during my tenure here and would recommend Skillstorm to family and friends.

"False Advertising, Unprofessional, Unethical"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at SkillStorm as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I'd like to say they got me the job, but really - you are the one that seals the opportunity.

Cons

Mislead on benefits, misled on hourly rate, misled on duration of contract. Attempted to solicit me from that contract onto another before the project was completed. Attempted to solicit me for a position that was beneath my skill set, to which I declined. Attempted to say that I quit the job and then a denial of my unemployment benefits. After arbitration it was determined that they were untruthful in their claim. Don't expect much return communication. If you are offered a position by a customer, they will immediately hound you every few hours for a decision. However if you contact them for a status, its a "don't call us, we'll call you" scenario.

Advice to Management

Foster a more professional, ethical environment. Stop your staff from making promises they never had intention on delivering.