SkillStorm - Work Hard & Play Hard | Glassdoor

"Work Hard & Play Hard"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at SkillStorm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is a very supportive company, and all offices across the company know each other well and keep in contact weekly if not daily. This is not your typical recruitment position, teamwork is constant. There is a lot of respect and people really care. The job is fulfilling and serious, but we also have a lot of fun. modern environment and culture for sure.

Cons

If you are not willing to put the work in, you won't get anything out of it.

Other Employee Reviews for SkillStorm

1. "Vested Interest in employee"

Former Employee - Project Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Project Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at SkillStorm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The folks I dealt, based in Phoenix and San Diego, were very supportive and helpful.
    - Provided on-site pre-interview coaching and introductions to interviewer
    - Awesome follow-up after hire
    - Provided great advice and insight on broaching subjects with employer
    - Seemed very much interested and involved with taking care of me as a person

Cons

- Due to circumstances not in the control of Skillstorm, after two months on the assignment, my contract was handed over another payroll/staffing agency/company. I am no longer under Skillstorm's direct management. Which is a big disappointment for me. The positive to the switch is that my pay and assignment wasn't affected. I appreciate Skillstorm taking the high-road and being professional in handling this unusual scenario.
    - Job Assignment: So far, the job assignment I have been given does not match the job description provided to me during the interview - NO FAULT OF SKILLSTORM. The job duties are more administrative and HR oriented vs Project Coordinator/Specialist. A bone of contention for me, but the pay is exceptionally better than my previous assignment and I'm just sucking it up for now. As a result, I have more respect for Admin personnel. There really is a discriminatory manner in how Proj Mgr and Directors treat Admin vs Proj Cood, etc. Very disturbing.

Advice to Management

Keep on with your hands-on method of encouraging, coaching and positive reinforcement.

2. "GrGrGreatG"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at SkillStorm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people - dedicated to success - work hard and pay attention

Cons

No office in my region; so no face-to-face contact with colleagues

Advice to Management

Any way to give 'satellite employees' a way to feel like a part of the picture -- you were already sending information / updates / notices ... everything was great ... no complaints; just encouraging more shining of the apple; you know?