Sky Zone - Super fun, energetic and always busy! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sky Zone

"Super fun, energetic and always busy!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sky Zone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training is great, the managers are supportive, they pay very high, its always fun. You get to jump for free with one friend and then two get 50% off, they are growing crazy fast so there is tons of room for advancement

Cons

The customers are sometimes tough because they have high expectations that we can't meet

Other Employee Reviews for Sky Zone

"Unorganized"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounts during week days for you and one friend (5$ an hour instead of 13$ for one hour or 20$ for two hours.)

Cons

Training- Received no training. Wasn't told what to do, what no to do. Wasn't told the work uniform. Wasn't told anything. Wasn't even given an employee handbook or a book of rules. The only reason i know what to do is just from asking questions myself, and going to many times from working before.
    Questions- Not only did i receive no training, i was then scolded for double checking one of the rules with a lead monitor.
    Rotation- Absolutely no rotation from station to station.
    Unorganized- Have been told several things by several managers. For example: after the interview we were told we would receive a call by the end of the week, but did not receive a call for two weeks then was told i would receive a call later that night for when to be set up for training, and never received that phone call. Another example is no one knows when its someones first shift. The list goes on and on and on.

Advice to Management

Train your employees before you decided to yell at them for asking a question. Also, learn when your employees first shift is so you don't think their 4th shift is their 1st.

"Great, active pre-college job, but it attracts many less-than-talented workers."

Current Employee - Court Monitor in Bethel, CT
    Current Employee - Court Monitor in Bethel, CT

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's not a boring job. It essentially requires little skill (other than common sense), an ability to remember the rules, and a friendly aura. The company's motto itself ("Have Fun, Fly Safe") emphasizes the goal of fun, but also safety. It's common sense.

Cons

Because of the ease of the job, and its popularity with high school teenagers/local college students, many people apply to the job with the mindset that they don't have to do anything. I personally believe that a select few of my current co-workers should no longer be employed here, because they do a sub-par job, and don't like to step up when it's necessary. On a busy day, there are many hyper children, and that brings angry/stressed parents. The entire team should work its hardest to make the process as streamlined as possible, because if they don't, patrons start to get confused and frustrated.

Advice to Management

Nothing really, other than watch lower-level employees when they least expect it. You'll see some of the good ones step up and do something like peel a piece of gum off a trampoline with their bare hands so that it doesn't get smooshed into the trampoline... But you'll also likely see employees stand there and watch as a jumper does something blatantly incorrect/against the rules, and not care at all. I suggest that interviews focus mainly on work ethic/determination/personality, and that after they are hired, management follows up on that by keeping an eye on them up close.