SkyKick - Product Specialist | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"Product Specialist"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Product Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at SkyKick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues, great working environment, great perks, working on solving cool problems. Great company direction. It's all been great.

Cons

Commuting could be difficult with the changes to SR-99. Steep learning curve. Startup mentality translates to training programs that aren't as established as those of a larger company. Nothing major to list here.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"General Review"

I have been working at SkyKick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Skykick has people very committed to doing their jobs and growing the company. Has such great potential with a product that customers seem to buy at a steadily increasing rate

Cons

start-up chaos abounds and reviews with postive or negative consequences seem to be non-existent. There are people here who should not be and they think it won't change so they are phoning it in

Advice to Management

Fix the product, remove the tech debt, hold people accountable regardless of who they knew when they were hired. Pay us for what we accomplish, not for fogging a mirror.

2. "Engineering Team Lead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at SkyKick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Where to start?

Our executive team has a vision, a passion and commitment to crushing our goals and making our partners happy. This isn't just a slogan or a tagline. The philosophy of excellence while being humble and passionate is embodied by every SkyKick employee. We are all on the same mission, with the same set of goals. There is a bi-directional bond of trust from the top of the company downward.

My managers and team members are the best in the industry. Got ideas? Have Concerns? Bring 'em! There are no 'official channels' limiting your creativity. Bring it to the CxO! Elitism and egos are not permitted. Everyone is an open book, willing to share information, receive feedback or provide guidance. You may be working with a specific product group, but the "One Team" concept is paramount to our continued success.

SkyKicker's are genuine, honest, humble, smart, passionate and hard working. I have been doing this for 25 years, and I haven't met a better group of co-workers.

Some other cool stuff:

- "Work From Home" is not only available, but is encouraged if it helps your work/life balance.
    - Remote employees are flown in twice a year to celebrate and collaborate during our annual Summer and Holiday parties/events. This does wonders for team cohesiveness and unity.
    - Food, Drinks, Snacks and 'Adult Beverages' ... stocked regularly and requests are taken!

I can go on and on.... but I like to point out that the Glassdoor reviews for SkyKick are 100% legitimate. There are no 'shill' entries. We really are that proud of what we have accomplished and the environment we have fostered. And we would love to have you join us!

Cons

SkyKick was built on ambition, passion and some incredibly talented engineering. Newcomers can feel like they are drinking knowledge from a fire hose. It can be a little overwhelming at first. You need to be a self-starter and love being inundated with new concepts and knowledge.

I'm not so sure that is a con, because the management staff and fellow team members are here to support each other. Patience and passion are key.

The only real cons (to me) are:
    - The Mercer traffic to/from the HQ can be a drag.
    - The choice of going home or staying at the office can be difficult because our working environment is so comfortable and relaxing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Discover more reviews about SkyKick.