SkyWest Airlines - Never another company like this... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest Airlines

"Never another company like this..."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Hayden, CO
Current Employee - Supervisor in Hayden, CO

I have been working at SkyWest Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great personal and friendly atmosphere. The people are competent and willing to train on any aspect of the job. They make you feel like you can do anything. Even after a hard day's work, you are well-rewarded with praise and continuous satisfaction.

Cons

Pay is minimal but is counteracted by flight benefits. If a part-time job or full-time fun is what you are looking for... Skywest is the place to go. Unfortunately it can be a strain if you are trying to supplement family income but there are many employees who do this anyway because of the flexibility with seasons.

Advice to Management

Management is actually very involved in every day dealings. This company has an 'open-door' policy. If you have advice, give it to them!

Other Employee Reviews for SkyWest Airlines

1. "good people- poor job security"

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at SkyWest Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flight benefits. flexible benefits. good people.

Cons

declining industry for regional carriers. Lack of diversity at upper levels.

Advice to Management

improve communication with employees.

2. "SkyWest Airlines needs a lot of work"

Former Employee - Cross-Utilized Agent in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Cross-Utilized Agent in Fargo, ND

I worked at SkyWest Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SkyWest is a good company to work for. Especially for newcomers who have never worked in the airline industry before. A lot of employees work for a small regional carrier like this one, before they move on to bigger and better things with one of the large name-brand carriers.

Cons

Although SkyWest is a non-union company, you would swear they were unionized, because seniority is all-important in local operations. The more senior team members get more favorable schedules, the newbies get whatever is left. The starting wage leaves much to be desired, but full time employees do have access to a standard set of benefits ... medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.

Advice to Management

You really need to work on your people skills. The reason I left your employ was because you would not work with me when I brought to your attention that I needed scheduling consideration for Sundays, because Sunday is my day of worship. You didn't care, even though I asserted my rights under federal law which require an employer to make a reasonable accommodation to an employee.