SkyWest Airlines - One of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever had, although it had some major drawbacks | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest Airlines

"One of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever had, although it had some major drawbacks"

Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at SkyWest Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the challenges faced and the things I learned while I worked there. It will always be a memorable experience. It's hard to argue with flight benefits!

Cons

If it weren't for being furloughed, I would have left soon anyway. After my supervisor tried to write me up for not clocking out before leaving (with a workplace injury) and getting every night, weekend, and holiday shift there was, I was done dealing with management.

Advice to Management

Picking shifts by seniority was a terrible technique for motivating newer employees to stay. It would have taken at least a few years to have high enough seniority that I actually could have gotten a shift that was worth keeping. Every night, weekend, and holiday gets old really fast.

Other Employee Reviews for SkyWest Airlines

1. "Corporate Trainer"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer & Customer Service Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at SkyWest Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at SkyWest is top notch, you won't find better people than at Skywest. Very down to earth & care about the individual, from customer service/ramp employees to corporate level(both of which I worked) I felt honored as an employee.

Cons

The cons about the airline industry have nothing to do with SkyWest- but just the nature of the business... It's all about seniority when it comes to scheduling- so plan in working nights, weekends & holidays for a few years if you are in the customer service/ramp end. Corporate positions obviously have better schedules. It's the beast of the airline industry but worth all the benefits of the job.

Advice to Management

Keep up morale of your employees with encouragement, recognition & support the individual. It's easy to feel like just another employee - but I have had a few SkyWest managers that cared about me a little more & that made all the difference !

"good company to work for but not with downsides"

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SkyWest Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flight benefits, shift trading, people you work with

Cons

cost cutting makes the work environment really unsafe, pay cuts, station management is in chaos

Advice to Management

in hiring station leaders please have some better qualifications, experience is not enough for them to be put on those positions