Skyhook Wireless - Drove around scanning every single street in a geographical area with their hardware | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Skyhook Wireless

"Drove around scanning every single street in a geographical area with their hardware"

Pros

Easy work, management liaison was pleasant to deal with

Cons

Only lasted 3 months and wouldnt extend contract. Driving through extremely bad areas was also dangerous at times

Other Employee Reviews for Skyhook Wireless

1. "Great work environment and wonderful people!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Skyhook Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Skyhook is a successful company with a phenomenal product, and has so much more growth potential. There are truly brilliant people who work here! I feel definite job security at Skyhook. We are offered solid benefits - vacations, health, transportation, 401K, etc. The office environment is friendly and focused - We work hard, but have a great time together too. Work/life balance is important and encouraged.

Cons

There was a time last spring when we merged with our parent company. It was a bit of an uncomfortable/unsettling time, but in the past year, we have come together with our parent office and formed a more cohesive, stronger company, in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and encourage openness in communication. Keep in mind the importance of company culture for team building and work enjoyment. Management has done a good job in keeping this line of thinking in mind, and I would encourage them to continue seeing its importance.

2. "A Great Place to Work and Grow"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Skyhook Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits. A very dynamic and strong product that is easy to get behind. Fantastic staff at the Boston office. A strong understanding of work/life balance. The people at Skyhook actually care about each other. Pride is taken into a lot of the work people do at Skyhook (and I personally feel that it shows). Inner office communication is effective. Constant learning opportunities.

Cons

Merger was confusing and frustrating.

Advice to Management

Keep mixers and other events that promote inner office fun and team building. Continue to strive for transparency with employees.