Skyrocket Ventures - Seriously: You get what you make of it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Skyrocket Ventures

"Seriously: You get what you make of it"

Pros

The network this small company has been able to develop is very surprising. For proprietary reasons, there's little we're allowed to say about our clients & our methods, but there's big benefits from working with this team. You won't find any hand-holding and the work is demanding, but there's a lot of ways for you to literally cash in on others' experience.

In absence of a formal, extended training regimen, the team is designed to make everyone an equal contributor--you have just as much an opportunity to lead as to learn. If you can pick up on the experience that is around you, you'll be successful & the skills are going to be applicable to whatever step you take next in your career. However, it's on you to ask questions & come forward with your ideas.

Some people need more structure & a more formal setting, but if you can let go of the tie & suit or needing to use/hear "sir" & "ma'am", you'll find the environment is more relaxed during office hours than most places during happy hour.

Compensation: "base" pay is relatively low, but no ceiling to amount you can make via placements
Time off: Basically ask for a day off and it's yours. No one is calculating sick days, counting times you're late, or putting deadlines on how much notice you need. So long as you're not a slacker & it's within reason, you'll get an OK for almost anything you need.
Vacation: Mandatory vacation during the holidays, with huge gaps between holidays that we actually shutdown for, but there's plenty of leeway for personal time
Benefits: Health insurance options range from none, to pretty standard, to pretty nice (your choice depending on how much you want to contribute). Vision/dental isn't directly offered.

Cons

Recruiting is a rough, tough, and sometimes dirty business. By nature the industry is a grinder and there will be high stress & high fallout. Honestly, this is not the kind of job you suggest to most of your friends. Even if you get GREAT at each of the things you need to do this kind of work, there's no guarantee that you'll be successful.

What makes it harder here is that some employees will seriously try to outwork you, so there's some pressure to keep up with the hours they put in & the work they do. It's really up to you to control your schedule (no one tracks your hours), but once you start keeping pace, the workload can seriously cut into your social/personal life.

Because of the relaxed environment things can turn slightly frat house from time to time, so if you're not used to hearing a foul word or a crude joke at work, your first on-site at Skyrocket can be major culture shock. **I'm sure more than one candidate has totally misjudged how serious this team is about their work

Other Employee Reviews for Skyrocket Ventures

"A place for anyone who is self driven and willing to grow."

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

Pros

Somewhere anyone with the right attitude can learn about recruiting, sales, business and cold calling. It's not for everyone and can be heartbreaking at the worst of times. If you're someone who does not know how to manage processes on your own, or focus on personal goals and growth, it's not for you.

Cons

Pretty stale growth as far as title's but unlimited earning potential. If you like money, the more you work the better is kind of the motto. You may be looked at as a B player if you can't keep up and the team environment makes it a very sink or swim atmosphere. I would consider this more of a downside to future applicants rather than the company as the company is shaped to harness your selling potential.

Advice to Management

Keep it up if you like what you're doing. It's a good environment for the right people and if things were to open up into more interesting growth opportunities you may see a stronger employee success rate.

Considering you are a major factor in the growth and success of my career, I only have the best of compliments for Skyrocket Ventures.

"Skyrocket is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Skyrocket Ventures (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started working at skyrocket several years ago.

The on-the-job training is very good. I came in with limited experience and was kind of a novice, but management was very good at making sure that I got the training I needed and supported me all the way. There is also lots of room for learning on the job. The work itself is very satisfying. It's an exciting and important industry, and it's cool to help companies and candidates grow.

The people are great, and I've made some great friendships that will likely last a lifetime. Most of the current team has been there for several years. Everyone is focused and passionate about their work, but easy going and easy to get along with. It's nice that the company does a variety of interesting social outings. Team members often hang out together outside of work, and there's a great team spirit and comradery. It's a great place to work if you’re keen on having a good work/leisure balance in your life, but is also great if you want to work hard and make a lot of money. Overall, people seem to work pretty hard, and enjoy doing it.

One last thought.. have always felt like a valued part of the team, even from day one. Management is very approachable, and frequently acts on good suggestions by employees.

Cons

If you don't close on deals, you aren't going to be making a ton of money. It's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, looking forward to continued growth in the future!