Skytop Lodge - Doesn't care about Employees as they should | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Skytop Lodge

"Doesn't care about Employees as they should"

Pros

Beautiful Location with many amenities for employees and guests. Provide dorms for employee.

Cons

Management always says they will do this for you or that for you and give ou back what they take away but it never happens. They do not speak the truth.

Advice to Management

Do what you say and Start getting rid of the Managers that are so mean and nasty to the hard working hourly employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Skytop Lodge

"Former Staff Member at Skytop"

Former Employee - Staff Member
    Former Employee - Staff Member

I worked at Skytop Lodge full-time

Pros

Co-workers were nice and I enjoyed seeing everyone from the many different departments cooperate and be close - like a family.

On-site housing was as nice as you'd expect. It's like a college dorm but feels like an old folks home, haha.

Cons

* Terrible hours - there was more than one occasion where I'd be expected to stay later than scheduled or my manager would ask me to do tasks that were not on my job description. I didnt mind helping when needed but my job as a staff member does not mean I'm a secretary. I shouldn't have to do things for you because you're understaffed and don't feel like doing them yourself.

* In addition to the terrible hours, after our Director of [Department Omitted] got replaced, a lot of the things we were told or taught to do suddenly changed but the method of letting us know about the changes in how we did things was always word of mouth. Nothing was consistent. No one knew where anyone was and we were expected to know things and if we didn't we were yelled at.

* There was an instance when I was the only one on schedule and I had to do certain things that was scheduled. I was yelled at for doing my job and questioned about why I was doing it. Like, hello, I'm doing my job? I know what I'm doing?

* Director of [Department Omitted] wanted things done a certain way and told me and staff members to our face that if we were helping guests and had to go, to cut the conversations with guests short and not give them the time of day. I was taught to give exceptional service to guests but what was told to me was the opposite of that. What's up that?

* Meals in the Employee cafeteria is always undercooked or with very little effort. I always bought my lunch instead.

* After a while of working in the department I was in, management was draining me. I simply could not enjoy my job. My assistant manager would berate myself and coworkers in front of guests and Director of [Department Omitted] would do so as well and make me and my coworkers feel incompetent. I disliked feeling that way. The pay was not worth how I was being treated.

* The Pay did not equal the amount of work I was expected to do.

Advice to Management

One of your newer Department Directors need to treat their staff better and not treat them like secretaries. I understand certain things needed to change but the lack of communication and general attitude ruined the working experience.

"Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere"

I worked at Skytop Lodge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

free lunch....actually never mind, you're rarely allowed to eat or get a break

Cons

Absolutely pathetic management, its truly embarrassing. Skytop was once a highly esteemed place to stay. It is now a place filled with Groupon coupon hunters, and you know what that brings in...

If you're a weak-minded and submissive suck-up, management will love you. If you know what you're doing and try to give advice to a manager or correct them, you might as well try to start a fire under Niagra Falls. Their way or nothing, and thats why the place is crumbling. There is extremely high employee turnover here. Skytop lost money last year as a company (fact), and I don't see that changing...

Read the reviews from March 11, 2017 and November 6, 2016. Not only are they a bit funny, they are spot on. Chicken tenders were the highlight of my employment, because it surely wasn't the meager paychecks.

Advice to Management

Remember Trumps "Drain the Swamp" slogan?..... Look it up. Then, do the resort a favor and resign.