Skytree - Good times | Glassdoor
  1. "Good times"

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff

I worked at Skytree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great, smart people, welcoming culture.

Cons

Leadership changed one too many times.

Advice to Management

Should've been aware of issues with the product; growth broke lines of communication.

Skytree2019-08-28

Other Employee Reviews

"I like it"

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Skytree full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like the culture of the company a lot, it is a bit like an academic group (not surprsising since it started as one) but with much better pay and way less politiking. Interesting projects and very capable knoweledgeable coworkers and superiors, very open to new ideas and technologies. Frequent guests from universities and research labs. Flexible work arrangements, flexible hours.

Cons

We are a startup and with it come the usual startup cons, e.g. an occassional crunch time where something *HAS* to be done today, longer work week - 45-50 hours seems about average. As far as company specific cons - I really can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Would be cool if we had more company-wide events, e.g. a fishing trip or five.

Skytree2014-07-11

"Management"

I worked at Skytree

Pros

Great technology in a growing market. Good long term strategy.

Cons

Were a bit early to the game, then struggled a bit to get the right product strategy in place. Taking too long to simplify machine learning for the broader market.

Advice to Management

Focus on ease of use and simplicity above all else. Make ML consumable by the broader market.

Skytree2016-06-21

Discover more reviews about Skytree.