Skytree - Interesting technology, badly run company. | Glassdoor

"Interesting technology, badly run company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Skytree full-time

Pros

Interesting area (machine learning). Lots of future potential. Skytree's implemented a subset of ML methods and has done a pretty good job performance wise.

Cons

Skytree doesn't know how to take advantage of what it's done, if indeed it can take advantage. I'm not a CEO, it's beyond my pay-grade to figure out things like this. All i know is that we lost our way, we don't have a compelling strategy. On top of that, the sales people are churning and the engineers are leaving. This is not a healthy place to be.

Advice to Management

Get a grip ... figure out your business, get some stability in the team ... otherwise skytree will be dead in 6 months.

Skytree2015-10-16

Other Employee Reviews

"I like it"

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Skytree full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like the culture of the company a lot, it is a bit like an academic group (not surprsising since it started as one) but with much better pay and way less politiking. Interesting projects and very capable knoweledgeable coworkers and superiors, very open to new ideas and technologies. Frequent guests from universities and research labs. Flexible work arrangements, flexible hours.

Cons

We are a startup and with it come the usual startup cons, e.g. an occassional crunch time where something *HAS* to be done today, longer work week - 45-50 hours seems about average. As far as company specific cons - I really can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Would be cool if we had more company-wide events, e.g. a fishing trip or five.

Skytree2014-07-11
  2. "Good times"

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff

I worked at Skytree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great, smart people, welcoming culture.

Cons

Leadership changed one too many times.

Advice to Management

Should've been aware of issues with the product; growth broke lines of communication.

Skytree2019-08-28

Discover more reviews about Skytree.