Slack and Company - Slack Barshinger is made of people - excellent, intelligent, funny people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Slack and Company

"Slack Barshinger is made of people - excellent, intelligent, funny people."

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

There are actually a number of compelling reasons to work at Slack Barshinger:
1. Interesting and diverse client roster - all BtoB but covering many industries including financial services, banking, food additives, steel and steel working, construction equipment, software, and internet-based.
2. One of the more "green" companies I've witnessed - reusable plates, flatware, mugs and glasses, recycled paper, energy saving appliances and computers. They even do their own assessment of energy consumption within the office and determine what they can do to use less.
3. Relatively creative environment - it is an integrated marcom agency after all.
4. Relaxed culture - You can wear jeans and tees to work unless you're meeting with a client and there are many activities incorporated into everyday life to encourage camaraderie among employees including a softball team, pizza parties, Friday breakfast and happy hours.
5. The people - almost everyone I worked with at Slack Barshinger was bright, motivated, interesting and wanted to do their best work all the time.

Cons

The senior management needs to communicate more effectively and more often with their employees. The lack of communicated equates an underlying feeling of distrust among employees who are not within senior management. There are smart people in this senior group, but they need to remember how to appropriately communicate and that teamwork applies to more than softball.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees with information and see them as valued members of your team. When you provide people with information, they can develop create solutions to problems and make more educated decisions and decrease the running on of the rumor mill, which unfortunately has been more accurate than not.

Other Employee Reviews for Slack and Company

1. "A good company for knowledge and growth"

I worked at Slack and Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I gained a lot of knowledge and experience while working at Slack and Co. I learned a lot about 360 marketing and was exposed to new innovations that helped clients reach their customers on another level.

Cons

Although I loved my mentors at the company, I would have loved to see more guidance in regards to professional development.

2. "test"

I have been working at Slack and Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good working environment, cooperative colleagues, work life balance, supportive bosses

Cons

not much room for progression, big organisation so competition is tough