Slakey Brothers - A Big Corporation With a Small Company Feel | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Slakey Brothers

"A Big Corporation With a Small Company Feel"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Reno, NV

Pros

Slakey Bros. is an employee owned company so we all feel we are working for the good of all of us. My experience has been positive and the "doors have been opening" almost since I got there. Management is in tune with the "talent" within the company and those talented employees seem to move up quickly.

Cons

Employees like to know whats going on around them and Slakey Bros. seems to have an " need to know basis only" attitude.

Advice to Management

There are alot of smart people in this company with alot of good ideas... listen to them.

Other Employee Reviews for Slakey Brothers

1. "human resources"

Pros

nice people to work with

Cons

not very truthful in hiring

"Do you have the courage?"

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at Slakey Brothers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I initially thought the ESOP plan was a joke. However, it has been compounding nicely. I started in 2009, and there was no 401k matching. Now at least they are matching some

Cons

If you enjoy being micro-managed, infantilized, and left out of the loop, this is the place for you. There are no branch meetings, no mentoring, and you will be thrown to the wolves and told, "...that's how we learn."

Advice to Management

Retire immediately! You have no clue how to effectively lead and motivate your team. You have a ton of product knowledge... USE IT! Go back to selling. At least that way you can drive revenue and not continue to delude yourself that you are motivating and driving people to perform... that is something you are incapable of.