Slalom Consulting - Strongest, most positive culture I have ever worked in. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting

"Strongest, most positive culture I have ever worked in."

Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People: smart, experienced, driven, cooperative, fun. Management is very innovative and thinks about people and long term. The result is the strongest, most positive culture I have ever worked in.
The recruiting process was eye-opening: it was much more of a series of open conversations with managers, peers focused on how we could make it work for both Slalom and me instead of a one way "tell us how you can work for us' approach.
This two-way street has continued since I started working there as well: there are discussions around which clients and specific engagements make sense for Slalom, client and myself. Again: very refreshing compared to working for some of the big 4 where you would be told on a Friday which client you need to report to on Monday without asking for your opinion.

Cons

Both pro and con: there are many social events, which by itself is great, but even though attending them is not mandatory nor expected by management, your colleagues do attend them and form very strong bonds that way. You'd be missing out on that by not attending, but this is a significant time commitment.

Advice to Management

Internal knowledge sharing can be improved upon.

Other Employee Reviews for Slalom Consulting

"A learning organization, in the Senge sense. Non-traditional and results focused."

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A++++ colleagues, great support network for delivery teams.

Cons

Experiencing significant growth and therefore some of the pain associated with fast growth

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Don't let up on the focus to bring diversity to management levels.

"GREAT people, exciting place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* People are sharp, humble, and fun to work with!
    * Company is continuing to grow very quickly, so a lot of new faces
    * Strong leadership team that has everyone pointed in the right direction
    * A true meritocracy...people are rewarded for their achievements rather than tenure

Cons

* A lot of hours...the work is enjoyable, because you're contributing to the firm's growth, but it is a major time commitment.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what has gotten you this far! Love the focus on hiring the best and driving strategic growth.