Slalom Consulting - A consulting firm that has finally got it right | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting

"A consulting firm that has finally got it right"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Slalom has awesome people. Their are not only great consultants, but they are all people I would genuinely consider friends outside of the workplace. Local work is a huge plus and allows everyone an opportunity to have a life after work. The flat structure also makes the Sr. Leadership very accessible - very different from the Big 4.

Cons

We're small and we can't offer every technology under the sun like larger firms. So if you're an SAP guru, you might not have the opportunity to work on an SAP project every time. That said, the consultants are usually strong enough to tackle whatever is thrown at them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Every office is growing. We're opening offices in new cities and expanding our offerings in existing offices. Great time to be a consultant at Slalom.

Other Employee Reviews for Slalom Consulting

1. "Keeps you challenged everyday, felt supported and recognized for great work ... Inspired to go to work everyday ..."

Current Employee - Technology Solutions in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Technology Solutions in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Working with talented people, hourly compensation which provides ability to earn more when possible, personal touch of management

Cons

Long drives which can also be used for listening to audios, etc ... you just need to be creative

Advice to Management

Keep it up! And please don't lose the personal touch to the team / employees and in your management style

2. "You won't regret it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great people and culture
    The company is looking to become more innovative and evolve into an even better organization
    The consultants are listened to and management tries to ensure they are acting on the feedback

Cons

As other have said, the benefits are okay, but not on par with other consulting organizations
    You have to be able to let go of the idea of level/title - this isn't really a con, but it does make it seem like there aren't really promotions often

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the consultants and evolving the organization. As we get bigger, things keep getting better and I'm proud to be a part of the team.