Slalom - Great company, but monocultural | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Slalom

"Great company, but monocultural"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Chicago, IL

I worked at Slalom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Local model guarantees evenings at home with family. High quality workforce, mostly sourced from the likes of Accenture, Deloitte etc.

Cons

Very monocultural - the entire company seems to be populated by suburban Big 4 types. Born in a suburb, went to a major sports college, started at a large firm, lived in the city for a while, met a girl, moved back to the suburb they were born in, had kids, wife told them their traveling days were over, quit the large firm, started at Slalom. It's fine if that's your thing...

Other Employee Reviews for Slalom

"Roll your own career."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Slalom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial and expansion minded. If you can keep your clients happy, you do great. This translates to a higher bill rate, which translates to higher income potential.

Cons

Don't expect someone to really develop you - you are on your own. Want a laid back experience or a stressful one? It's on you. Each office operates independently, so don't expect consistency in offerings, cultures, or career trajectories.

Advice to Management

Decide if staff aug Or technology consulting is what you want to be. Develop a training ground for those that want to have a career and not just a job.

"Great culture, interesting and challenging work."

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Slalom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing, talented colleagues. Opportunities to do challenging work that matches my talents and interest areas. Encouraged to grow, develop and creatively contribute. Good work life balance. Fair compensation. Fun, innovative culture. Good accessiblity to company leaders.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Company could improve communications and use of collaborative tools. We have the tools but not everyone knows about them or uses them. Sometimes we are so focused on our clients' needs that we overlook our own. We could benefit from better integration across our service areas.