Slalom - Great projects and a company that cares about its people | Glassdoor
  1. Great projects and a company that cares about its people

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Slalom full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Compelling projects that allow you to showcase and grow your skills. A senior leadership team that makes time and effort to get to know consultants both personally and professionally. A culture that provides a fun environment and leads to people that enjoy spending time together in and out of the office.

Cons

Experience has been almost entirely positive, however, at times, there could be more transparency in the staffing process.

Advice to Management

Continue building the management consulting practice areas so that they remain successful. Make sure we are able to keep our culture as we grow and expand.

1. Amazing

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst

I have been working at Slalom full-time

Pros

Amazing leadership and perks at the company

Cons

Work 50-60 hours a week

2. Consultant

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Slalom full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Work-life balance, company culture, local business model (no traveling unless desired), focus on giving back to the local community through volunteering and pro-bono work. There is no "up or out" model - you are encouraged to grow your depth and breadth of skills, but you won't get pushed out if you just want to be a "consultant" rather than climb the ladder.

Cons

Compensation varies by market (of course) but in this location, doesn't seem to have caught up to average market rates. Benefits are improving year-by-year, but could be better. There are a LOT of work-related committees and events, both during and after business hours. To really stand out consistently, and get ahead, it seems as though you need to be involved in multiple internal efforts and show up to most of the...

Advice to Management

We're headed in the right direction and at the right pace. Please review the compensation model; the internal initiatives are important and deserve consideration, but be careful that you don't end up punishing those who focus on delivering outstanding client work and don't have the bandwidth to be highly involved with internal company initiatives.

Discover more reviews about Slalom.