Slalom - It is a much better place than competing technology consulting firms! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Slalom

"It is a much better place than competing technology consulting firms!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

My coworkers are competent, well spoken and simply "get it". Not only do you not have to clean up other peoples messes on projects, you get to choose which projects and opportunities you personally want to pursue.

Cons

It's just as much driving as other firms, but that's no surprise given our location in Southern California.

Advice to Management

Keep growing our company and our presence locally!

Other Employee Reviews for Slalom

"A consulting firm that has finally got it right"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Slalom has awesome people. Their are not only great consultants, but they are all people I would genuinely consider friends outside of the workplace. Local work is a huge plus and allows everyone an opportunity to have a life after work. The flat structure also makes the Sr. Leadership very accessible - very different from the Big 4.

Cons

We're small and we can't offer every technology under the sun like larger firms. So if you're an SAP guru, you might not have the opportunity to work on an SAP project every time. That said, the consultants are usually strong enough to tackle whatever is thrown at them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Every office is growing. We're opening offices in new cities and expanding our offerings in existing offices. Great time to be a consultant at Slalom.

"Interns are disposable, not an asset"

Former Employee - MBA Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - MBA Intern in Seattle, WA

Pros

View from the 19th floor, really nice and smart consultants

Cons

Low pay for MBA interns, projects lack intellectual rigor, management too focused on her own projects to empower employees

Advice to Management

Hire an undergraduate intern to do grunt work. Use your MBA interns to move the company forward.