Sleep Number Corporation - Harsh Sales Goals | Glassdoor

"Harsh Sales Goals"

Former Employee - Sleep Expert

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Insurance after 90 days, 401K plan, Flexible schedule, discount on merchandise, selling a very good product. Hourly rate plus commission.

Cons

Very harsh and demanding sales goals, unrealistic and hard to achieve most of the time. Competing for sales with your manager, and they will always have the upper hand and last word.

Advice to Management

Don't allow your district managers to "pencil whip" the stores monthly sales goals beyond 10%.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-09-08
  1. "Store Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay, great product, great coaching and training.

Cons

Retail sales, so working holidays and weekends with extending holiday hours.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-10-29
  2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very lucrative pay, when business is good. Excellent ongoing training and refocus on company priorities. My supervisor was great always allowed me to run my own business within company struture allowing me to be successful. Great product lineup, excellent quality.

Cons

Computer system is slow and selling process takes a long time to complete, then asking customer to stay additional time to set up Sleep IQ and Innercircle is frustrating for customer that just wants to get out of the store.

Advice to Management

Upgrade computers, kept hearing this would happen over the years but never did. State of the art beds being sold on 1990's computers.

Sleep Number Corporation2020-01-06

Discover more reviews about Sleep Number Corporation.