Sleep Number Corporation - Store Sales Manager | Glassdoor
  1. "Store Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay, great product, great coaching and training.

Cons

Retail sales, so working holidays and weekends with extending holiday hours.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-10-29
  1. "The Place I Wanted to Build a Career at"

Former Contractor - Data Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation for less than a year

Pros

-Sharp managers that were not afraid to ask individual contributors for insights -Most managers I worked with separated talent from pure experience. I was able to thrive there and have a positive impact, despite being straight out of college -Process and continuous improvement was given high priority, at least in my department -Conscious appreciation for work life balance -If you work at Headquarters, you'll... probably meet Shelly Ibach. I met her twice

Cons

-HR has the ability to override senior managers regarding employment decisions. My contract abruptly ended due to 'cost savings' despite my position saving the company more money than I was earning over 10 fold.

Advice to Management

On a macro scale, hold course. The solutions we put in place by Q1 2018 are obviously working and Sleep Number is doing a lot better than Q2 2017. You're doing a great job and are generally wonderful. On a micro scale, do everything in your power to retain the great talents who want to join management. If everybody who works with a person is saying they're an asset, that's exactly what they are. HR has a role that... involves listening to what their co-workers tell them, yet they consciously stay deaf.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-08-01
  2. "Review"

Current Employee - Field Service Controller

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

excellent work life balance

Cons

Not transparent, not much opportunity for advancement

Sleep Number Corporation2019-11-24

Discover more reviews about Sleep Number Corporation.