Sleep Number by Select Comfort - Run like the wind | Glassdoor

"Run like the wind"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester, NH
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sleep Number offers a very good product. Customers who own the product are very satisfied with their purchase and do recommend it to their friends & families.

Cons

Micro managed cult mentality. District Managers egos out of control. The company as a whole cares little of it's employees and are very petty in they're "management" approach.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting money. Cease & desist the ridiculous redundancy in paperwork. If you would care to stop the never ending revolving door of retail employees.....I can help you.....but I cannot help you if you're stupid!

Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

"Do NOT work there"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

Pros

It is most difficult to find twenty words for Pros on working for this company, whereas there are no Pros.

Cons

They have taken a very good product, and have turned their sales approach into a 3 pronged outdated and obnoxious system. One third carnival barker at the OZ.....one third boiler room telemarketing, harassing current owners of their product....the other third ....actually selling the bed....all the while brow beating customers into the highest margin add ons....

Advice to Management

Hand in your resignations

"Great product, shifting culture focused on promoting women and 100% managing by spreadsheet."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fantastic pay for retail made over $90,000 in good years 45-50 hours a week. Good product when you work for a good DM, you life work balance is great.

Cons

Constant change, upper management is so out of touch. The expectations are shifting forcing managers to be in store long hours without productive things to do. With the new CEO as of 2012 we have seen a consistent slide in work life balance, sales, and employee incomes. The CEO has not taken any personal responsibility for her actions and has fired multiple people for carrying out her directives and them not working. She let numerous seasoned managers to and replaced each with a female usually under qualified.

Cult like environment, "we don't sell beds we change lives, if people don't get that find people that do."

Advice to Management

Shelly, find the right CEO and step back into a marketing and operations roll before we end up with a single digit stock price. If you make a mistake don't fire people, take responsibility and move on.

Finally, don't be so worried about promoting women, get the right people in the right roles.