Sleep Number by Select Comfort - Good Money- Terrible Management and Horrible Hours | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

"Good Money- Terrible Management and Horrible Hours"

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Sales Professional in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you don't have an education or sales experience it is a great place to start- you have potential to make pretty good money- shooting for 35K this year. The sales process makes the job very easy- follow what they tell you to do and you will sell.

Cons

The company promises MOST employees that they will grow in the company and be promoted- that is a lie. I have watched managers and sales people leave the company because there is so little room for growth. I have been working for the company for 2 years and I have watched my manager bully every employee in the store I work in. From making people cry, not giving them time off that they need with their families, stealing sales from them, or sexually harassing them- my boss is TERRIBLE. No matter how much the store employees and myself call our district manager nothing has ever been done because our store sells and makes good numbers for the company. It is pathetic how much they will protect one manager, who brings nothing but drama to work, and allow really great sales people to quit or transfer to different stores in the market. This VERY corporate company does NOT care about their employees.

Advice to Management

District managers need to pay attention to what store managers are doing. I have been at the store I work in for 2 years and my DM has been there 3 times. He only oversees around 12 stores- what does he do with his time!? My manager probably works between 25-35 hours a week and I wouldn't dare tell HR or my DM because I don't want to deal with my boss from hell making my days even worse. Take care of the people who sell your product. It's common sense.

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Response

Oct 1, 2013 – Human Capital

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad to see that you find our sales process to be effective and easy to follow. Your comments regarding your manager are very concerning ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

1. "Mission driven company with exciting future."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is still at that size where there is an opportunity for everyone to make an impact. It's a company you feel good working for knowing how the products help to improve customer's lives everyday. Solid leadership. Culture with strong values. Working with a group of employees continuously focused on improvement and customer satisfaction.

Cons

While there is some strong bonus potential, base salary is not as competitive.

"Great people, good company culture, flawed product and lack of growth"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Plymouth, MN

Pros

Smart friendly culture. Great people who really care about each other. Well thought out and executed training program. Good benefits and 401k.

Cons

The new CEO is leading the company in a bad direction. Lack of focus on the customer is starting to show in the sales and word of mouth.