Sleep Train Mattress Centers - Great company great experiences | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Train Mattress Centers

"Great company great experiences"

Pros

Employee owned, Great people, great fun

Cons

We have a great time and celebrate all our wins

Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Train Mattress Centers

"Going to HR is the culture."

Former Employee - Anonymous in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Boise, ID

I worked at Sleep Train Mattress Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food and drink at company events. Extremely easy work. Starting pay isn't horrible. Don't have to get up super early for work.

Cons

They don't pay you OT for holidays. You get "bonus days", which comes out to time and quarter. Management makes a janitor to "get hours". Going to HR is the norm. Got that from the HR lady. You WILL be written up for everything, even if you had nothing to do with said situation. Every email says that they are an At Will company and can basically can you whenever they want. Fear based. Policies are extremely vague. For a company this large, policies need to more specific and in black and white. I was told I couldn't have the company policies because management wouldn't have leverage if I called their bluff.

Advice to Management

Employees in smaller markets who perform multiple roles are paid less than those in larger markets with one role. Management needs to learn that rules apply to them as well.

2. "No regrets"

I have been working at Sleep Train Mattress Centers full-time

Pros

This employee owned company is a blast to work for! I have all the tools I need to grow, learn and succeed. It’s up to me to be successful. I am encouraged to grow in my leadership devolvement, preparing me for the next step. The perks are nice too! I have won a trip to Maui, gone to NBA, MLB and NFL games. Also my very favorite, live concerts! Last year my boss got me a ticket to my favorite artist and he calls me and said. “How would you like to see them at the gorge amphitheater to?” WOW I am thankful! My leadership team is top notch, the best I have ever had. Oh and the bonuses are nice too.

Cons

You have to work hard with some long days. But I guess no one said being successful would be easy. I have had to learn a work /life balance. The funny thing is they have taught that to me! I was told “it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon” so pace yourself.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the leadership!