SleepMed - Unprofessional! | Glassdoor

"Unprofessional!"

Current Employee - Sleep Technologist in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Sleep Technologist in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

The workshifts are flexible, but there is nothing more I can think of that is great about this place. Nothing.

Cons

The staff is extremely UNPROFESSIONAL!
Everything is Unprofessional!
The Computer issues/glitches are reported but NEVER resolved
The Equipment is unclean due to Techs not cleaning them, and nothing is done even when reported, which could lead to nosocomial infections.
Management is completely incompetent. They will hire anybody to manage even when they are not qualified!!
No time off when requested.
Incompetent coworkers make the working environment almost unbearable.

Advice to Management

GET NEW MANGEMENT!! Stop only worrying about numbers and worry about things that matter like the quality of your staff and studies, and the well-being of your patients.
Trust me I am not a disgruntled worker, I am a just person who actually believes in professionalism and quality patient care.

Other Employee Reviews for SleepMed

1. "N/A"

I have been working at SleepMed full-time

Pros

It is an overall good company to work for and management seems to work with you when needing personal time off.

Cons

I have been there for a little while and not receiving merit increases but they seem to hire more employees instead. The atmosphere is typical like any other company I've worked at before.

2. "Friendly Atmosphere"

I worked at SleepMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was in a supervisory role. The management team I worked directly with was approachable and allowed for good communication. Everyone from Tech Support to HR was available, if needed.

Cons

Using your own earned personal time for national holidays, such as Christmas is weird. Specifically because Sleep Centers are not opened on major holidays .Limited room for growth. Although evaluations were performed and submitted in my territory, techs deserving pay increases just could not get them. This really frustrated me as a manager. Yearly cost of living wage is generally a given in health care, but it just was not happening at this company. I believe it ultimately costs turn over of great Sleep Techs.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed working at SleepMed, but I do feel that good technologists are lost due to wage freezes, decreased use of clinical skills and expertise. Registered Techs need to feel valued in order to maintain loyalty and tenure w an organization. Techs should be able to utilize their clinical skills, ie tech support/troubleshooting, scoring and validating studies, and being able to make sound decisions in patient care. I have a long history in sleep medicine, including software and hardware, developing centers, ICU/ER, etc. I often would get frustrated in my inability to make decisions and choices in the lab I was working. I would also suggest more physicians should be held accountable for visiting their lab, communicating with the techs, and promote their protocols/ needs directly to the techs. The management team was always interested in ideas and would generally assist with any patient/ clinical issues. It is a good company, providing good patient care.