Sleepy's - Great work experience to prepare for other positions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sleepy's

"Great work experience to prepare for other positions."

Current Employee - Manager in Hicksville, NY
Current Employee - Manager in Hicksville, NY

I have been working at Sleepy's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Micromanaging to a minimum, sales are what is most important.

Cons

Salaries are not current with comparable positions at other companies. At least 20% less compensation.

Other Employee Reviews for Sleepy's

"Take this job if McDonald's won't hire you."

Current Employee - Sleepys Mattress Professional in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Sleepys Mattress Professional in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Sleepy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of time to sit down and read a book. Or write one. Health benefits. Lots of quiet time (if you like that) You can work 4 days a week and that would be "full time". Learning something new everyday (how you interpret it is on you) Great position for an older person with or w/out sales experience. Friendly employees, willing to help a new person succeed.

Cons

Useless and very little involvement from upper management."Partners" always calling out and then you have a full day shift to open and close. Sale prices/events are constant, you can sell 6 of the same sale mattress set and not earn the draw or break even with draw.m(same day transaction) This is a private company that does not pay a salary, its draw vs commission. The draw needs to be paid back. NO internet access, NO wifi , NO ipad allowed, NO other music allowed other than the dead music of the 70's MUZAK player. DM's not to helpful when a new person starts, as if they are just waiting for them to quit quickly.

Advice to Management

Help MP's stay in the positive. Allow with the new structure you can now have reps in the TOP stores at least twice a week to improve and make draw. And I don't mean to place them in the top store when its Wednesday and everyone blanks that day. Telling employees that the first month is forgiven is a bold face lie allowing them to believe they don't have to pay back draw. Stop it. The misinformation and half truths are a lie. If your having a sale and a set is below 6th tier at least pay it at 4th tier for that day or period so the reps can make draw. Don't use the analogy of the MP's daily draw as rental of the showroom. If that's was true my $125 would be in the TOP showrooms of MY choosing and not split and not forced to cover another showroom that a MP called out of.

"A company that should be ashamed of itself"

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Sleepy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will collect unemployment when you are let go..... And you will be let go!

Cons

You are hired to guard their weakest stores, seeing ZERO customers many days. I have been a top shipper in two other jobs, of which I worked at for ten years and 15 years... So I am good at what I do. I quit thinking I would better myself. MISTAKE! DON'T BELIEVE A WORD THEY SAY.... AS A PERSPECTIVE EMPLOYEE OR CUSTOMER!I. You will be hired, sink in the hole owing money, and be let go. Rinse wash and repeat. I'm sure they go through more employees than companies three times as big.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people to guard empty stores and cycle then into stores that actually see customers so they have a chance