Smallwood, Reynolds, Stewart and Stewart - Old School Company | Glassdoor

"Old School Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Smallwood, Reynolds, Stewart and Stewart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Looks good on resume. They expect a lot from you, so if you aren't already one that thinks of "the next obvious question", this will force you to step up your game.

Cons

They don't respect the employees. They often say they like to treat everyone the same, yet they pick and choose who gets special treatment. One person can get away with things another person can't. As adults, they could improve on treating and trusting employees to get their job done without micromanaging.

No job recognition.

Advice to Management

I believe the employees would be a lot happier and willing to go the extra mile if they trusted the employees a little more. Flexible work hours as long as you get in your 8 hours, perhaps. Recognizing a job well done.

Other Employee Reviews for Smallwood, Reynolds, Stewart and Stewart

1. "SRSSA was a nice place to work, grow and learn. I hope they are able to rebuild the company since the problems from 2008"

Former Employee - Landscape Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Landscape Designer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Good environment, great employee diversity. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I always felt comfortable and welcome when working there. It was so sad to see the company forced to be downsized by the fall in the economy in 2008-2009.

Cons

Advice to Management

At the time I worked there, they seemed to put too many eggs in the same basket. Hopefully, they are going in more directions these days. Be more interactive with lower level employees, more training and encouraging them to achieve their professional licenses.

2. "Young grads stay away"

I worked at Smallwood, Reynolds, Stewart and Stewart full-time

Pros

There were some nice professional people who worked here but very very few of them.

Cons

As a fresh graduate I accepted a job here as a cad drafter. I got SO burnt out that I started having health problems and had to quit. They really treated me like a grunt. CAD work can be very exhausting/taxing but they don't seem to care, they just kept throwing more and more redlines at me to pick up No appreciation was shown young grads are just disposable tools. Young people... stay away from this toxic place! They will burn you out, use you....

Projects are about as uninspiring and mediocre. But this is what happens when you have a staff of homogenous yuppy preppy males.

Advice to Management

You all use intimidation to get your way. Doesn't work for us intelligent people we see right through your tactics. The good ol boy mentality is rampant here. This excludes many people who are not preppy good boys.