Smart Meetings - Fast-paced and Rewarding | Glassdoor

"Fast-paced and Rewarding"

Pros

Smart Meetings took me in, showed me the ropes and gave me a career. For that, I am eternally grateful. I really enjoy working with professionals who are willing to put in the extra effort required to produce a quality product and will never hesitate to give you a hand, should you need one. Management is always at the forefront of the industry and will teach you something new every day.

Cons

The absence of sick days can be frustrating, especially when flu season rolls around.

Nov 22, 2013 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to continually growing and improving our work environment for all of our employees. We invest in our employees with personal development for continued... More

Other Employee Reviews for Smart Meetings

"Yikes."

I worked at Smart Meetings full-time

Pros

A paycheck, if you weren't already getting one.

Cons

Honestly? Forget the actual reviews – to really know what it's like to work here, just scroll down to the small print and read the CEO's rebuttals. That's the tone you will find permeating the workplace, every day.

Mondays were a particular treat: an opportunity for the CEO to denounce whichever employee most recently left the company as "disloyal," and to compare people still around who messed up to "terrorists." More than once, the admonishment, "It only takes one terrorist, and then we all have to remove our shoes."

Sorry. I wish I were joking.

Advice to Management

Kudos for finally adding PTO; your truly loyal employees deserve at least that.

Apr 24, 2017 – CEO

We want to create a phenomenal workplace here. What is true is that you can contribute to something wonderful in the field, fully participate and inspire us, and you are part of creating change. We... More

"Smart Meetings - A reason to look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Smart Meetings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. An hour out of the office for lunch
    2. An renewed sense of appreciation of all my previous work environments and managers and really appreciate the new gig

Cons

Many reviews here describe more of the "unpleasant" details. Some are embellished a bit for drama but, sad to say, true.

Management seems to be stuck in the 1950's concerning managerial style and expectations of the usefulness and loyalty of their employees.

Management team of two (when I was there) were openly hostile to employees and constant use of threatening language and most issue escalated to "the sky is falling" histrionics in most staff meetings and one on one staff interactions that I witnessed.

Ugliest professional experience in so many ways, it's almost like.."you wouldn't believe me if I told I ya..."

Advice to Management

Despite the rebuttals and positive comments here, it's unfortunate that the negative reviews here read more as factual and come from real experience, so I recommend working on your rebuttals and any of the positive reviews (so lacking in substance..really, I'm shocked!) you might post.

No sure what you guys can do to improve. My guess is that you probably think you're already doing everything right.

I would suggest you treat your employees as collaborators and not order takers or worse..slaves that are made to work long hours on a whim as opposed to a legitimate business reason.

Lastly, apologize for your behavior to all your past and current employees. You guys really need to work on your interpersonal skills.

Nov 22, 2013 – CEO

We will try hard to do better next time.