Smart Meetings - Something new every day, an exciting challenge. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Smart Meetings

"Something new every day, an exciting challenge."

Current Employee - Sales Management
Current Employee - Sales Management

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart Meetings is very fast paced, entrepreneurial, and has the best products/services in the industry. Great views of the bay and marina. Gourmet coffee and teas available to employees at no cost to them. A rewarding environment where results and team effort are valued. Stellar customer service, quality products, growing revenue, and top notch content drives the company and its employees.

Cons

If you're not used to a fast paced environment, this could be a con for you. Smart Meetings is not a "job", it's where your dedication and hard work will be put to the test as the (at times) heavy work load can be a challenge. If you've worked at start ups before this is not unusual...in fact, it's why many people thrive and prefer this type of environment.

Nov 22, 2013 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

Other Employee Reviews for Smart Meetings

"glad for the opprotunity"

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoy working with professional coworkers who are willing to pitch in to help whenever possible. Management is passionate and appreciates you taking initiative. It has been fascinating learning about meetings industry, and magazine is well respected as both a stylish and informative source of information.

Cons

Beautiful location, but sometimes difficult commute, limited (but free!) parking and street out front floods. There are high expectations, which can be a great motivation but can also lead to big workloads and long nights finishing up a project. A 401k would be nice.

Nov 22, 2013 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Our employees are creative and team oriented. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

"Fast-pased, start-up feel"

Former Employee - Web Department in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Web Department in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Smart Meetings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of great opportunities to travel, and working at the company events are among the most fun days of work I've ever had. There were several times where, having an idea for something new, I could present it to the CEO/CFO and would be told to run with it. Being able to work a project from inception to completion is a really great opportunity, and is just one of the examples of how the company has a start-up feel.

Cons

The location is a pretty cool benefit, but also a bit isolating. Sausalito is gorgeous, and the downtown district is only about a 4 minute drive away. Walking distance, there's 3-4 restaurants in the area for lunch, and a great waterfront park to eat at if brown-bagging, but I was sometimes jealous of the downtown SF crowd. (It is entirely possible that this has changed recently. That neighborhood is ripe for redevelopment / some funky art galleries and whatnot.)

The inevitable flip-side of the start-up setting is that there's a lot to do, and if working on a new pet project, the old ones don't just go away.

Advice to Management

Noticed recently that the staff has grown pretty significantly in the last three years. This probably cut some of the workload, which may be good (I tend to like the busier pace and wouldn't know which set of tasks I'd have wanted to pass off to someone else).

Not sure that's advice, but it's what comes to mind. That and the Monday morning meetings could have been shorter. Or maybe every other Monday.

Nov 22, 2013 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We value your creativity and your new ideas. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.